Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Toy Story Cake

Hi All - just another quick post before I attempt to wrangle my not so little baby into bed! I can't believe he turned 2 yesterday - where has the time gone?????

I managed to pick up the Toy Story Cricut Cartridge really cheap back in January. I purchased it purely with the intention of using it to do Will's cake and then so I could also make matching embellishments for his scrapbook pages - sad I know!
So yesterday afternoon, I sat down and I created these gorgeous figures.


I am really happy with how they turned out - however they were very time consuming with oodles of layers - so I wouldn't recommend this cartridge to somebody like my Mum who just wants to make quick and simple cuts with minimal construction.  Anyway due to the fact that Buzz turned out sooo huge, even though they were all cut out at 5", I ended up just using Woody and the wording to decorate the cake.....


William just loved his cake!

I can't wait to sit down and play with the other cuts on this cartridge.....besides I had better make the boy child a matching birthday card which I forgot to make amongst all my other crafting projects during the week.

1 comment:

  1. do you ever stop woman, jinkies you make me tired just seeing and hearing about it all!

    These are awesome, they came out so realistic and lifelike its waycool!!!!!!

    Can wait to see the scrappages too!

    *puts finger out to taste gooey chocolate icing* mmmm. heeehee!

    ReplyDelete